This is a beautiful natural Ruby from Burma. This Ruby has been heat treated only to bring out the amazing colour. This Ruby has NOT been lead glass filled.It is exactly how nature intended it to be.Rare, beautiful, majestic.
Burmese Rubies are considered the best in the world, and this Ruby is a perfect example of why. Amazing colour, great luster and extremely rare. very durable.
Additional information about Rubies
Natural Rubies are very rare and beautiful gemstones. Ruby has been worshipped for years as one of the top 4 precious gemstones (Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald).
- In todays world, most Rubies are treated with lead glass filling or clarity enhancer
- Natural Rubies, like this one, do not have this treatment. This Ruby has only been heated
- Natural Rubies are rare, beautiful and majestic.
- Natural Rubies are very durable. They are hard (second hardest in the world, only Diamond is higher) and they are tough (can withstand accidental bumps)
- Every Ruby is unique and beautiful. This is the type of gemstone that sells at auctions to the rich and famous.
What makes this Ruby special
I study every gemstone that I put online under the microscope. There is so much more to gemstones than what can be seen with the naked eye. In this particualr Ruby, I have taken a photo at 40 times magnification to show you what beauty lies within. Please note that the colour of the Ruby under the microscope is very different to the actually colour because of many factors, but mainy lighting and optics.
Inside this Ruby, it shows a beautiful “fingerprint”. A fingerprint is a fracture that has occured during the growth of the crystal that has been partially healed. As the name suggests, it looks just like a human fingerprint. In this Ruby, the fingerprint can be seen in the middle of the picture. It looks white and the edges are blurred. This is a great indicator that this Ruby has been heat treated.
This picture also shows the lack of any lead glass filling or any other foreign substance